Due to their conditions / disability, some individuals find it difficult managing their personal care independently. This can be frustrating; and for some, cause embarrassment asking for assistance. It is an area that requires a sensitive approach.
We do understand the emotional stress that this can bring about to an individual. When your care needs are assessed, the level of support you require will be documented and this will then be in your Care Plan. Our Support Workers are trained, empathetic and will provide you with whatever level of support you need, to achieve positive outcomes.
We realise that this type of support can be intimate; therefore, we always try to match you with a Support Worker with whom you feel comfortable and can build a relationship of trust.
Support Workers can assist you with:
- Getting in or out of bed
- Getting dressed or undressed and choosing appropriate clothing
- Bathing or washing; and using toilet facilities
- Oral care
- Continence management
- Your appearance, including applying make-up, hair and fingernail care (not toe nails)
Your Support Worker(s) will always ensure that your privacy and dignity is maintained and also having due regard to your preferences. They will also encourage you to do as much as you can for yourself; so that you can remain as independent as possible, for as long as possible.
Support Workers will also be able to assist you with:
- Monitoring your nutritional health which may include
- Preparing and serving meals
- Warming up and serving meals such as those provided by Wiltshire Farm Foods
- Assisting you with your medication
Contact us on the form below and we will get back to you.